This final Toadstool I am the most happy with, especially as I tried a new stitch out on it and pulled it off. This one is Amanita phalloides – Death Cap.
So far so same-as, but I decided to give myself a break and quit the bullion knots here as A – the shape of the mushroom means less of the fins are visible so it would be difficult, and B – I JUST DON’T WANT TO DO ANYMORE. So I used a darker colour and satin stitched it. Then I started with the new stitch – Turkey Rug.
So it’s a series of loops knotted in closely together, and when you’re doing it it looks like a mess. But then you fill the space and cut the loops so they’re tufts instead:
Then you get to stylin’.
I trimmed them down quite a bit, now they’re lovely and fluffy and fuzzy. The padded slip had a bit of artistic license with it since I know of no Death Cap with hot orange and coral spots, but hey ho.
Finishing french knots. Next – I will mount them up.